Pages

17 September, 2012

MY ELLE FEATURE

Good Afternoon Friends

I hope you are all doing well, I am over the moon beside one frustration, but it's nothing I can't handle. I am a magazine freak right so as I was paging through the July issue of Elle Magazine I saw a competition where you had to submit pictures where you styled yourself and 6 lucky readers would be offered the chance to be featured. I thought mmmh? and I couldn't stop thinking about it, because a part of me thought I would never make it because I have never won anything in my life and the other part thought what do I have to loose? plus I just had this nagging feeling that wouldn't go away and I listened to my heart and entered the competition the day before closing date. I think 3 weeks went by and I thought I didn't make and then one day I think it was the 28th of July as I was going to work I receive a call to say "we absolutely love your style and would love for you to be part of our photo shoot"!!!! I was so thrilled!! and I was like this is it! because things don't just happen nje. I took it as a sign from God because he knows my dreams and in my dream book I had written I want to be featured on Elle Magazine I just never thought it would come this soon. The shoot took place on the 17th of August and we were pampered.  There were so many clothes and we got confused as to what to choose (that's what happens when you've got too  much choice). I took lots of pictures that day because I was overly excitied ( who wouldn't be). Meeting Poppy whom we've met earlier on when we had the brief who is the Fashion Director for Elle, Jenna and 2 Elle interns that welcomed us in the morning when we arrived on set. This really was a dream come true for me. One down and a few more to go! It is possible.

THE PICTURES THAT GOT ME IN





THE SHOOT


we had lots of shoes to choose from





before the shoot



Bonolo with her blue hair







ME


I loved her color combo









A day I will never forget! I bought 3 copies for myself! you know just in case one goes missing hahaha.

Love, Peace and Happiness.

Misstoitty

2 comments:

  1. Ncoooohhhh my 4rnd! Congrats, that's a great achievement uyazi! May you continue to grow and may God give u the strenght to carry on in your passion!
    Mcwaaa much love!

    Big up darling

    ReplyDelete