Pages

22 June, 2012

FASHION FRIDAY STARS

Hellooooooooooo Friends

I know I have been missing in action for the past few weeks my humble apologies. I missed you all dearly. Work got a bit hectic and I was starting to feel like a zombie lol but everything  is back to normal now!. yay:-).

Today I bring you not 1 but 2 Fashion Friday Stars  making up for lost time. Both of them are friends with whom I share my fashion passion with.

STAR 1: NOMBUSO KHANYILE

Nombuso is a young lady who loves fashion and has a blog  www.preciousfinds.tumblr.com where she shares her interests with us and things that catch her eye. I had the chance to ask her about her personal style and she told me that she doesn't stick to one style and goes with whatever she feels like wearing when getting ready for the day. On some days she says she is laid back and other days formal and over the top in her closing statement she says the aim is to be always comfortable and express what you feeling that day through your ensemble.


Brown Fur Shawl: From her mother's closet
I love this shawl it looks so classy


This is actually a vintage skirt that she made into a simple but yet lovely boot tube dress. Belt is also vintage

 Dress is from Hip Hop and the brooch belongs to her mother



 I like how she keeps it simple but classic and fun at the same time.


STAR 2: FRANK MBANO

Frank is a friend from college whom we studied hospitality with but left the industry and now owns a boutique in Durban- Francs Boutique. I guess it's true when they say your calling never leaves you until you answer. Frank is inspired by color because he thinks it brings out his passionate side. He describes his style as a cross over between James Dean and Usher, vintage meets retro cool with tones of maturity, rugged yet subtlety smooth.
Black Blazer: Paul Smith
Red Cardigan: Markhams
Shirt: Burberry
Jeans: Mr Price

Shoes: Zara
Chinos: Jay Jays
Leather Jacket : Woolworths
Shirt: Daniel Hetcher

 Red Skinnies from Jaxx
Shirt: Jaxx
Waistcoat: Soviet
Shoes: Mr Price







 Frank says he is not really into brands because he believes they stifle your style if too much emphasis placed on what names you have on! I totally agree it's not WHAT you have on but HOW you wear it is what determines if it's a good outfit or not. 

Thank you to Frank and Nombuso for contributing. Leave your comments below or email if you have any inquiries.

Lotz of Love
Miss Toitty
@Misstoitty on twitter





















No comments:

Post a Comment